2007/05/28

Appalachian Trail!

When I read Bill Bryson's "A walk in the woods" several years ago, I decided that I want to visit Appalachian Trail at least once in my lifetime. And today I'm mvery happy to check that item off on my "once in a lifetime" to-do list.

Lisa's dad suggested us to take SR60 to the Woody Gap, where the road crosses with the Appalacian Trail so it is easily acceissble for us with 3 little kids. The place was actually very nice with a big parking lot and a nice view from the overlook. We went for a short walk for a little bit more than 30 mins and we all enjoyed it a lot. The only not so good thing is that Ann got a very bad allergy to something there.

The road on the mountain is very enjoyable to drive and should be great for motorcycle ride. I guess we saw at least a hundred motorcycles on the way today. I'll have to come back again on my bike soon.

No comments: