2007/06/04

The precious little chicks blankets and the super power of ice cream

Vivian has two "little chicks" blankets from Ann's parents since she was a little baby. These two blankets are probably the things that she treasures the most. When I woke up this morning Vivian and Alyssa brought me a whole bunch of their toys as my "birthday presents". When I asked Vivian if I can have one of her blankets, she took my request very seriously and thought long and hard about it. Finally she replied "Dad, I love you very very much but I cannot give you my little chick blanket". It was very interesting to see her facial expression.

The funny thing is that when we had some ice cream for celebration in the afternoon (after we all forgot about this), Vivian suddenly said "Dada, you are very nice to me and I can share one of my little chick blankets with you now". Ahh, you can never underestimate the power of ice cream

No comments: