2007/07/09

Back to (wood)work again!

Today I made a rack for the kids to hang their toys/gardening tools in our screened porch. The materials were recycled from Nina's dog house. She never stayed in the dog house (NOT EVEN ONCE YOU STUPID DOG!!!) since I made that for her and I just torn down the dog house a while ago.



Alyssa and Vivian are very happy to see all their gardening tools are beautifully organized (and Ann is pleased too).



Afterwards Alyssa asked me to make a crayon holder for them and I was very happy to do so. The crayon holder was really easy (and cheap) to make. I took some scrap pieces from 2x4s and drill some holes with a 3/8" bit, as shown below






It has been a long time since my last completion of a woodworking project. About a year ago when David was born (and Ann's parents were here to help us) I made a sand table for the kids to play sand in our screened porch.



Since then I've been very busy with work and put most of my free time on my motorcycle. It feels really good to be able to make something useful for my family (and seeing them enjoy what I can make).

No comments: