2007/08/09

The good thing about leading a double life

People always say that cultural diversity is good. In my case of embracing both Taiwanese and American culture, sometime that means I can get twice as many holidays.

August 8th is the Father's day in Taiwan (in Mandarin 8-8 has the same pronunciation as father), so in addition to the American Father's day in June, I got another one today. Isn't that nice? (poor Ann, Mother's day seems to be the same day everywhere in the world)

Alyssa and Vivian both made a card for me and I picked up a couple DVDs from Circuit City for myself.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hhaaa, C-H
No, that's not true. Mother's Day in the UK is in March. Yet, I don't know the exact date because I only remember the one in Taiwan.
Will give you a call this weekend!
YY

Unknown said...

Haha, I'm narrow-minded. Taiwan + US = the whole world to me.

Maybe we should plan a trip to visit you in March, Ann'll be happy about that. :)