2008/02/15

Pens for Valentine's

I guess that Ann and I are both kind of geeky. For this year's Valentine's Day, we gave each other a fountain pen. I have been wanting a demonstrator for many years now and recently found that a very good deal on a Pelikan M205. Ann saw my itching and gave me the go-ahead, saying that this can count as her gift to me for the Valentine's. In return to her kind support for my weired hobby of collecting fountain pens, I ordered a Lamy Safari Vista for her (yes I know I am a cheap baster, thank you very much). Anyway both pens turned out to be really nice and we are very happy about this.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to give the two girls a fountain pen of their own for the birthday this year. After some searching on the Fountain Pen Network I secretly ordered two Pelikano Jr. for them. Being as impatient as I am, it was very difficult to hold on to these secret presents any longer and I gave the pens to the girls today as well. Alyssa got a green one with a left-handed nib, filled with Noodler's Hunter Green; Vivian got a blue one with the standard nib, filled with Private Reserve's Lake Placid Blue.

So after dinner today we all had a lot of fun with our new pens. David was the only one who didn't get a new pen today. Now does Crayola make fountain pens for 1-year old?

No comments: