2008/09/28

Old habits die hard

English works much better for this one; the direct translation of the equivalent phrase in Mandarin would be something like "Dogs can't change the habit of eating shXt".

Among all the "toys" that I own (and continue to buy more), books are certainly the most sizable (both in terms of weight and value). Ever since I have disposable income at 12, a good chuck of my play money went into buying books. As a consequence, they create a huge headache for me every time I move. Before our last move from Georgia to Arizona, I told myself that this can't go on forever and I made the resolution to do something about it (Book-Collector Anonymous?).

Sadly, old habits die hard (how surprising...). Even with the fact that that my books still fill my room in my parents' house in Tainan, a storage room in my in-laws' house in Hsin-Chu, and an embarrassing number of unopened boxes in our current house, I find myself started to buy more books again after a 2-month break.

I really don't know what to say.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I, too, love books, but they are indeed a pain when it comes moving time! Whenever I visit someone's house I always like to check out their bookshelf. :-)

Hope AZ is treating you well; I rode through Athens on Sunday and thought about you. Take care.